DISCLAIMER: Protection of Personal Information Act No.4 of 2013 and in terms of Section 51 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act No.25 of 2002.
MEMBER / USER DISCLAIMER (WWW.PPN.CO.ZA)
When entering data on the PPN website, PPN do not only look after your optometric needs but also the protection of your information. With this in mind – we respect your privacy. To protect your personal information, we subscribe to the purposes and principles set out in both the Protection of Personal Information Act No.4 of 2013 and in terms of Section 51 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act No.25 of 2002.
When we collect your personal information, the following are worth noting:
- We do not sell, trade or rent your personal information to any third parties;
- It is internally processed with the sole purpose of enhancing our ability to meet your optometric and medical needs;
- We transfer it to a medical scheme administrator in order that they may process your information in order to claim from your medical aid and receive your optometric benefits;
- We only use your personal information for the purpose for which it is collected; and
- You have the right to both access and review your personal information held by us and you can request for it to be updated or deleted.
What personal information do we require to meet your medical needs and why:
- We require your name, surname, identification number, contact details in order to identify you as the member/dependant and to be able to contact you accordingly;
- The details of your membership to a Medical Scheme (Medical Aid) in order for us to process any claims made on your behalf to your relevant Scheme Provider to receive any optometric benefits applicable;
- Your medical information in order for us to properly assess and execute accurate diagnoses which includes but is not limited to, new and/or existing chronic conditions, certain biographical details, all results and/or reports relative to pathological findings and all other medical information that healthcare providers may generally from time to time require.
When entering data on the system, the user acknowledge and understand that:
- The website will be collecting and processing personal information as envisaged in terms of this website;
- Only the registered and qualified treating optometrist and medical scheme will have access to the medical and/or clinical information;
- The information will only be processed for the purposes set out in this document unless the further processing is necessary to prevent or mitigate a serious and imminent threat to the life or health or of that of another individual;
- I will be notified should my personal information be accessed or acquired by an unauthorised person/entity;
- My personal information can by law be processed if necessary to carry out actions for the conclusion or performance of a contractual obligation to which contract
I am a party;
By confirming personal and medical aid details on this website, I consent to the below:
- PPN using the personal information provided voluntarily by me and in particular:
- - to check that I am a member or beneficiary in good standing with my designated medical scheme, where applicable;
- - to check what my optometric benefits in terms of my medical scheme benefit options are;
- - to transfer my personal and special personal information onto the relevant medical scheme administrator;
- - to retain and disclose the clinical/and or medical information obtained during consultation, and the diagnoses made, to me, my medical scheme, artificial
intelligence provider, ophthalmologist or any other healthcare providers to the extent required or necessary for the review and assessment of my
optometric care or general health needs;
- - to file a claim for optometric services provided and optometric appliances supplied to me with my medical scheme or insurer, if applicable;
- - to transfer and retain my personal information in electronic format on a central database with a third party provider locally or in a foreign country, subject
to the same restrictions being imposed on and accepted by such third party provider and the necessary security measures being introduced to prevent
unlawful access thereto;
- - to monitor web traffic; for statistical purposes; for promotional and marketing purposes and for further clinical evaluation.